1. Plan your vegetable garden according to what your neighbors are planting so you can share your vegetables when theyre ready for eating. Often Ive had too many of one kind of vegetable I couldnt give away because my friends were ripe Desserts at the same time.
2. Select perennials rather than annuals for your flowerbeds. As they multiply each year, cut them back and exchange with your friends so you both have lovely gardens and save money at the same time.
3. Compost your kitchen scraps, as well as your coffee grounds. The end result is much better than any potting soil you can ever get buy from a nursery or Pet Sitting hardware store. The price is right, and this is definitely recycling!
4. Instead of using mulch, try pebbles or small rocks in your garden as ground cover. This will save you lots of cash since you wont need to buy mulch in the spring and fall of every year.
5. Truck Rental Spend more money now by purchasing better quality gardening tools and you will save in the long run. They will last for years, saving you dollars because you dont need to replace them every planting season. Same goes for gardening gloves- make sure you buy the best you can afford so they last all season.